ASET represents an alternative to offer the proper expertise on the issues related to stimulation of the improvement of the whole economic and social mechanism, by extending the consciousness of the different levels of the society in this process.
The focus of ASET is addressing acute problems encountered in the course of development during transition, with a particular attention on economic progress and social welfare, namely:
- Sustainable economic growth;
- Advanced banking and financial sector;
- Developed private sector, especially SME-s;
- Improved legislative framework, from drafting to implementation;
- Better-quality health and education services;
- Social care and welfare;
- Functional infrastructure;
- Urban and rural development;
- Protected environment;
- Recognized country cultural and tourism attraction;
- More efficient & transparent government practices;
- Coordinated and shared authority from central to local government;
- Increased participatory role of stakeholders in drafting, implementing, and monitoring public policies.